Tripe in Tomato and Garlic Sauce on Pasta Recipe | Fattis & Monis
• 1 litre (4 cups) water
• 45ml (3 tablespoons) oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green pepper, diced
• 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 3 baby marrows, sliced
• 1 sachet (405g) All Gold tomato and garlic pasta sauce
• salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain toss in olive oil and keep warm.
2. Clean tripe thoroughly and cut into small strips, cook tripe until soft (2 hours for mutton, 3 hours for Ox)). Remove from saucepan and keep warm.
3. Heat oil and fry onions, green pepper, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows for 10 minutes. Mix in cooked tripe, stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add a bit of the stock from the tripe – about ½ cup.
4. Add tomato and garlic pasta sauce. Season to taste and simmer over gentle heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Serve on Samp and beans or on pap.