- 500g FATTI’S & MONI’S SPIRAL NOODLES
- 500g ox or mutton tripe
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 baby marrows, sliced
- 1 sachet (405g) All Gold tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain toss in olive oil and keep warm.
- Clean tripe thoroughly and cut into small strips, cook tripe until soft (2 hours for mutton, 3 hours for Ox)). Remove from saucepan and keep warm.
- Heat oil and fry onions, green pepper, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows for 10 minutes. Mix in cooked tripe, stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add a bit of the stock from the tripe – about ½ cup.
- Add tomato and garlic pasta sauce. Season to taste and simmer over gentle heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Serve on Samp and beans or on pap.