- 500g mixed mushrooms (portobello, baby, button, oyster etc.)
- 45ml (3 teaspoons) oil
- 10 baby onions, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) minced ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) turmeric
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground coriander
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) medium curry powder
- 500g ripe mixed-colour baby tomatoes
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 400g FATTI’S & MONI’S SPINACH TAGIATELLI
- 1 bunch of fresh oregeno
- Roughly chop some of the mushrooms, keeping the smaller ones whole.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and sauté mushrooms over a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until nutty and golden.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions, garlic, ginger, chilies, turmeric, coriander and curry powder. Toss for 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until the spices are toasted and fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and coconut milk, stir to combine and season well with salt and black pepper. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add tagliatelle to a large pan with rapidly boiling water, cook until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Serve mushroom stew in individual bowls over pasta, garnish with coriander leaves. Cut the limes into wedges and squeeze over mushrooms.
SERVES 4 – 6