- 300g FATTI’S & MONI’S SPAGHETTI
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 300g back bacon, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 125ml (½ cup) thick cream
- 50g (½ cup) freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- extra grated Parmesan to serve to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until crisp. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds, set pan aside.
- Place eggs, yolk, cream and Parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix gently with a fork.
- Drain pasta, return to pan. Quickly add egg and bacon mixtures and parsley. Toss to combine, (the heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce). Serve immediately with extra Parmesan.