- 650ml (2 ½ cups) milk
- 2ml (¼ teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 85g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 50g (½ cup) cake wheat flour
- 250ml (1 cup) thick cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500g crabmeat sticks
- 300g calamari rings
- 2 onions, sliced
- 12 sheets FATTI’S & MONI’S SPINACH LASAGNA SHEETS
- 400g hake steaks cut into chunks
- Pour milk into a medium sized saucepan, add nutmeg, 50g of butter and flour. Heat while whisking or stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cream, season generously.
- Beat in half the Parmesan and the egg into the sauce. Once cool, stir in the crabmeat and pieces of hake.
- Melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan, add onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and golden.
- Lightly grease a rectangular ovenproof dish, spoon half of the fried onions into the oven dish, spread out. Top with lasagna sheets, cover with the crab and hake mixture spread evenly.
- Top with remaining lasagna sheets, cover with the remaining onions followed by the cheese and fish sauce, Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.