- 300g FATTI’S & MONI’S ELBOW MACARONI
- 50g butter
- 40g (¼ cup) cake wheat flour
- 375ml (1 ½ cups) milk
- ½ can (410g) All Gold tomato relish
- 100g (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 300g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 65ml (¼ cup) breadcrumbs
- 65ml (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water according to directions on the packet until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, stir in the flour cook for 1 minute to make a roux, whisk in the milk, bring to boil, whisking until it thickens
- Stir in tomato relish, salt and pepper to taste. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Add the drained macaroni and toss to evenly coat. Arrange chorizo slices on macaroni mixture, top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, place in oven under a hot grill until the top begins to brown.