- 45ml (3 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 500g neck of lamb neck, sliced
- 250g baby onions, halved or quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into large dice
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers cut into large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (410g) All Gold chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g FATTI’S & MONI’S CURVED PASTA SHELLS OR SPAGHETTI
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- micro herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof casserole, add the lamb pieces and fry over a high heat for 5 minutes or until evenly browned, turning the pieces several times.
- Add the baby onions, carrots, leeks, red peppers and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, water, bay leaves and season to taste. Stir well, bring to the boil, cover the casserole with its lid, transfer to the oven and cook for 1 ¼ hours or until the lamb is tender.
- In the meantime cook macaroni according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and spoon onto a large warm serving dish. Serve lamb stew over macaroni, garnished with grated lemon zest and micro herbs. Serve hot.