- 500g Fatti’s & Moni’s Elbow Macaroni
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250g white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 5ml garlic, chopped
- 60ml (60g) butter
- 10g butter
- 250ml fresh cream
- 250ml full cream milk
- 180ml water
- 50ml corn flour
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5ml whole grain mustard
- Cook Fatti’s & Moni’s pasta as per pack instructions. Drain and toss through oil, set aside.
- Heat the butter, cream and milk. Mix 60ml of water with corn flour; add to milk with remaining water, chicken stock, thyme and mustard. Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile; heat 30ml of butter and fry the chicken cubes until golden and tender. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter and fry the onion and mushrooms until golden and tender, add garlic and peppers. Add the chicken and the sauce. Heat through, toss through pasta and serve.
Replace chicken with beef strips.
Use roasted butternut with broccoli as a vegetarian alternative.
SERVES 4 – 6