- 300g Fatti’s & Moni’s pasta screws
- 20ml + 30ml vegetable oil
- 10ml garlic, chopped
- 1-2 chillies, sliced (optional)
- 500g beef mince
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x 410g can All Gold Tomato and Onion Mix
- ¼ beef stock cube with 125 ml boiling water
- 1 x 410g can red kidney beans, drained
- 10ml sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 60g (125ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Small handful chopped parsley
- Cook the Fatti’s & Moni’s pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, toss through 20ml vegetable oil and set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic, chilli (if using), mince and cook until the mince is browned, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato and onion, sugar and stock and simmer for 20 minutes, check seasoning.
- Stir through the kidney beans and cooked pasta.
- Pour into a large casserole dish and sprinkle grated cheese over.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Replace beef with lamb, garnish with coriander.
SERVES 4 – 6