- 500g FATTI’S & MONI’S ELBOW MACARONI
- 1 whole chicken, cut-up
- 125ml (½ cup) cake wheat flour
- 65ml (¼ cup) sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 can (410g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (410g) All Gold tomato puree
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 125ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) dried oregano leaves
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) dried basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Add pasta to a large pan with rapidly boiling water, cook until just tender. Drain and rinse well, toss in a bit of olive oil. Keep warm.
- Coat chicken with flour. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and green pepper to saucepan, sauté until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve over warm Pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.