- 2 x 410g cans All Gold Tomato and Onion Mix
- 5ml garlic, chopped
- 10ml sugar
- ½ vegetable stock cube in 250ml boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800g butternut, cut into 1cm pieces
- 10ml dried sage
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 60g butter
- 30g (60ml) cake flour
- 1L milk
- 500ml cream
- Salt to taste
- 12 Fatti’s & Moni’s Spinach Lasagne Sheets
- 160g feta cheese, crumbled
- 60g (125ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Simmer the tomato and onion, garlic, sugar, stock and seasoning for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Cook the butternut in boiling salted water until soft then add it to the tomato sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the flour, remove from heat then whisk in the milk then simmer while stirring for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and season then set aside.
- Cover base of the greased oven dish with a single layer of pasta then ⅓ butternut, ⅓ white sauce & ⅓ feta.
- Repeat this step until mix is finished, top with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes until pasta is cooked. Serve hot.
Add crispy bacon with butternut.
SERVES 4 – 6