- 500g FATTI’S & MONI’S TAGIATELLI
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 150g streaky bacon, diced
- 500g minced beef
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500ml (2 cups) beef stock
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 can (410g) All Gold chopped tomatoes
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) All Gold tomato paste
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) double cream
- Cook tagliatelle in boiling salted water, according to packet instructions. Drain toss in a little olive oil and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and bay leaves, cook over medium heat until golden.
- Add bacon and minced beef, season well with salt and pepper, cook until meat is browned.
- Add beef stock, cook until liquid reduces a little, add mushrooms and oregano.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, stir well, cover and cook on a low heat for about 2 hours. Replenish with water if the sauce gets dry, stir sauce occasionally.
- After two hours, remove from heat, remove bay leaves, add cream, stir well. Serve bolognaise sauce over warm pasta, sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice if desired.