- 500g Boerewors, cut into bite size chunks
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) finely shredded spinach
- 1 can (410g) ALL GOLD chopped peeled tomatoes
- 300g FATTI’S & MONI’S SHELL NOODLES
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g (2 cups) grated cheddar cheese
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large saucepan, brown Boerewors over medium heat until just cooked through, remove and keep warm.
- Add oil to the saucepan, heat and fry onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add spinach and tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook until spinach has wilted, about 10 minutes, remove saucepan from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water according to instructions on packet. Drain and add to spinach tomato mixture, stir in Boerewors, cream and half the cheese, transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and crisp.