- 30ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10ml garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 x 410g cans All Gold Tomato and Onion Mix
- 5ml dried mixed herbs
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
- 15ml All Gold Tomato Sauce
- 1½ beef stock cubes in 375ml boiling water
- 90g butter
- 90g (180ml) cake flour
- 1L milk
- Salt to taste
- 12 Fatti’s & Moni’s lasagne sheets
- 60g (125ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and garlic, fry for 5 minutes, season.
- Add the mince and brown, stirring occasionally using a fork.
- Add the tomato onion mix, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and stock, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a separate saucepan and add flour, whisk in the milk and simmer for 20 minutes, season with salt.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C, grease a large casserole dish with butter.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into the bottom of the dish, top with a third of the white sauce.
- Top the sauce with a single layer of the lasagne sheets, repeat the process ending in white sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the lasagne and place in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until pasta is cooked, remove and serve.
Replace the beef with fresh chicken mince or lamb mince.
SERVES 4 – 6